SB 229-FN - FINAL VERSION
SENATE BILL 229-FN
SPONSORS: Sen. Bradley, Dist 3
COMMITTEE: Energy and Natural Resources
This bill makes various changes to the administration of certain wetlands permits by the department of environmental services.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.
Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]
Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.
06/08/2023 2124EBA 23-1051
STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Twenty Three
Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:
147:1 Terrain Alteration; Fee For Amendment Request. Amend RSA 485-A:17, II(b) to read as follows:
(b) The department shall charge a non-refundable fee of $500 plus a $.10 fee per square foot [fee] of disturbance associated with the amendment request for each request to amend a permit that requires plans to be reviewed.
147:2 Terrain Alteration; Extension. Amend RSA 485-A:17, II-b(a) to read as follows:
(a) Within 50 days of receipt of the application, the department shall request any additional information required to complete its evaluation of the application, together with any written technical comments the department deems necessary. Any request for additional information shall specify that the applicant submit such information as soon as practicable and shall notify the applicant that if all of the requested information is not received within 120 days of the request, the department shall deny the application. The department shall grant an extension of this 120-day time period upon the request of the applicant.
147:3 Excavating and Dredging Permit; Certain Exemptions. Amend RSA 482-A:3, I(a)(1) to read as follows:
(1) A complete application form that has been signed by the town or city clerk of the municipality in which the [property is] impacts to jurisdiction are located or, if the [property is] impacts to jurisdiction are located in more than one municipality, by the city or town clerk of each such municipality, certifying that the municipality has received 4 copies of the form and attachments as provided in subparagraph (a)(2). The town or city clerk shall send a copy of the form and attachments to the local governing body, the municipal planning board, if any, and the municipal conservation commission, if any, and shall retain one copy to be made reasonably accessible to the public. Applications and fees for projects by agencies of the state may be filed directly with the department, with 4 copies of the application, plan, and map filed at the same time with the town or city clerk.
147:4 Exemptions. Amend RSA 485-A:33, IV to read as follows:
IV.(a) The repair or replacement in-kind of a sewage effluent disposal area shall qualify for a permit by rule, provided all of the following criteria are met:
(1) The existing system receives only domestic sewage from a single family residence and up to one associated accessory dwelling unit that is included on the approved plan.
(2) There is no increase in sewage loading proposed for the repaired or replacement system.
(3) The bottom of the bed is located no less than 24 inches above the seasonable high water table.
(4) The system is located 75 feet or more from an abutter's well unless there is a standard well release form recorded with the registry of deeds in accordance with RSA 485-A:30-b or there is an existing department waiver to the distance for the abutter's well.
(5) The system is located 75 feet or more from the owner's well unless there is an existing department waiver to the distance for the owner's well.
(6) The existing system received prior construction and operational approval from the department and the replacement or repaired system will conform to the provisions of such approval, provided the department may by rule require a minimum septic tank size of 1,000 gallons.
(7) The system is not within 75 feet of any surface water, water supply well, or very poorly drained soil unless authorized by the prior departmental approval described in subparagraph (6).
(8) No new waivers to the department's rules are requested.
(9) The system has not been previously repaired or replaced under a permit by rule in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph.
(b) Construction of the system may proceed upon the submission of an application to the department by a permitted designer under RSA 485-A:35 and receipt of the permit by rule from the department. A copy of the approval for construction and approval for operation and a plan matching the operational approval shall be submitted with the application.
(c) The repaired or replacement system shall not be covered or placed in operation without final inspection and approval by an authorized agent of the department. All inspection by the department shall be accomplished within 7 business days after receipt of written notice from the installer that the system is ready for inspection. The installer shall provide the authorized agent of the department, at the time of the inspection, a copy of the previously approved plan bearing the state approval stamp and [associated operational approval, and] an existing conditions plan bearing the seal of the permitted designer performing work under the permit by rule. If the state approved plan is not available from the state or town, a copy of the approved plan from the original designer, bearing the designer's stamp, may be used.
(d) The applicant submitting the permit by rule application shall assume all liability and responsibility for the components of the design that are part of the system being repaired or replaced under the permit by rule.
(e) The installer constructing the system shall assume all liability and responsibility for the construction of the system components repaired or replaced under the permit by rule.
(f) For purposes of this paragraph, "in-kind" shall mean a repair or replacement of the effluent disposal area in strict accordance with what is shown on the previously approved plan.
Approved: June 30, 2023
Effective Date: July 01, 2023
|Feb. 7, 2023||Senate||Hearing|
|Feb. 9, 2023||Senate||Floor Vote|
|Feb. 23, 2023||Senate||Floor Vote|
|Feb. 22, 2023||Senate||Floor Vote|
|March 9, 2023||Senate||Floor Vote|
|April 12, 2023||House||Hearing|
|May 3, 2023||House||Exec Session|
|May 3, 2023||House||Floor Vote|
July 11, 2023: Signed by the Governor on 06/30/2023; Chapter 0147; Effective 07/01/2023
June 20, 2023: Enrolled Adopted, VV, (In recess 06/15/2023); SJ 20
June 20, 2023: Enrolled (in recess of) 06/15/2023
June 20, 2023: Enrolled (in recess of) 06/15/2023 HJ 16 P. 14
June 20, 2023: Enrolled Adopted, VV, (In recess 06/15/2023); SJ 20
June 13, 2023: Enrolled Bill Amendment # 2023-2124e Adopted, VV, (In recess of 06/08/2023); SJ 19
June 13, 2023: Enrolled Bill Amendment # 2023-2124e: AA VV (in recess of) 06/08/2023 HJ 15 P. 76
May 18, 2023: Ought to Pass: MA VV 05/18/2023 HJ 14 P. 9
May 10, 2023: Committee Report: Ought to Pass 05/03/2023 (Vote 20-0; CC)
April 26, 2023: Executive Session: 05/03/2023 10:30 am LOB 305-307
April 4, 2023: Public Hearing: 04/12/2023 11:15 am LOB 305-307
March 20, 2023: Introduced (in recess of) 03/16/2023 and referred to Resources, Recreation and Development
March 9, 2023: Ought to Pass with Amendment 2023-0659s, MA, VV; OT3rdg; 03/09/2023; SJ 9
March 9, 2023: Sen. Avard Floor Amendment # 2023-0659s, AA, VV; 03/09/2023; SJ 9
Feb. 22, 2023: Committee Report: Ought to Pass, 03/09/2023; SC 12
Feb. 22, 2023: Special Order to 03/09/2023, Without Objection, MA; 02/22/2023 SJ 8
Feb. 22, 2023: Sen. Avard Moved to Remove SB 229 from the Consent Calendar; 02/22/2023; SJ 8
Feb. 9, 2023: Committee Report: Ought to Pass, 02/22/2023; Vote 5-0; CC; SC 11
Feb. 7, 2023: Committee Report: Ought to Pass, 02/09/2023; Vote 5-0; CC; SC 9A
Feb. 2, 2023: Hearing: 02/07/2023, Room 103, SH, 09:30 am; SC 9
Jan. 24, 2023: Introduced 01/19/2023 and Referred to Energy and Natural Resources; SJ 5